Saturday, February 23, 2008



My Hero!
When I look back and reminisce on my childhood, one of the most lingering memories that come to my mind is watching tennis matches with my dad and in particular, watching Pete Sampras dominate the world of tennis. It was my dream then to watch him when he was at the top of the game at Wimbledon. Although I haven't been able to achieve that, I did go see him last weekend at the San Jose stadium for the opening night of SAP open. Aging and retired though he was, he did beat Tommy Haas in two straight sets. Just seeing him on court brought back countless memories...the time when I sat in a particular seat for hours until he won the game just coz I thought that was lucky, of secretively watching late night matches, but finally giving myself away by yelling for him to win (:D), the nail biting prayers, the jubilant victory dances and the immense sadness when he announced his retirement.


Thank you, Pete, for the memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See HERE

Anonymous said...

Attention please!
->> Remove Viruses! <<-