Sunday, March 22, 2009


Jai Ho A R Rehman!

A little late to be talking about this , but oh well..I was busy! So so glad that Rehman won the oscar for slumdog, his humility and talent speaks for himself. But having said that, I still feel Slumdog was not Rehman's best album..it's really good..but some of his other indian works like Roja, Taal, Dil Se...pure genius. Anyway, I guess it is more about exposure and marketing and making the right people see it at the right time. Still, this definitely puts Rehman in a whole different league, opens a lot of new and unexplored doors and I can't wait to hear and be blown away by his creativity. I think we are all so fortunate to be born at the same period as this genius and listen to his music.

PS: Rumor has it that Danny Bolye (the director of slumdog) has been offered to direct the next bond film and Rehman might be the music director! Just imagine Rehman re-tuning James Bond’s signature music. Wow..can't wait!

No comments: