Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Curry Perfume

I am travelling in a crowded train, on my way to work. An Indian dude boards right after me and suddenly wait..what is this I smell? Is that yummy dal? Wait, I also smell hot methi parathas!! With every jerk of the train, some new wonderful flavor seems to waft to my nostrils, secretly teasing me, reminding me of my empty, now growling stomach. Wow, what's this...is someone cooking in the train?nah it must be that some nice Indian uncle got too hungry, coudnt wait until he got to work so he opened his lunch right in the train. That's it, thats what the smell is, i'm sure. But why does the smell seem to come particularly from an Indian dude right behind me?

Uh oh, I don't think it's any food, it's the new perfume on the rack, "aqua de CURRY"!!

An Indian in the US...wakes up everyday, gets ready for work ..wears formal clothes n shoes and squirts liberal amount of curry flavored perfume!!We Indians make awesome curries, but is there any reason to smell like that as well?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: