Friday, April 07, 2006

BOo
I recently got a DVD of 'The Signs' from a co-worker and was building up my courage to watch it. I was quite enthusiastic about it though coz I had watched M.Night Shyamalan's 'The Sixth Sense' and I loved that movie. I was very impressed with his storyline and was expecting something along the same lines for 'The Signs'.
But, now, you should know that I am a girl who normally enjoys comedies, romance(duh!) and action movies more than thrillers and ghost movies. So, well...just bcoz of the 6th sense, I gave myself a good pep talk that was something in the lines of "be brave girl...its just a silly scary movie etc.." and got ready to play the movie. I couldn't ask for a better setting...there I was, all by myself..(me who is a trifle weak-hearted wen it comes to horror movies, I admit) sitting in my dark living room with a storm ravaging outside..doing its best to create as much lightening and thunder as possible...oh and yes...the wind was moaning n howling like a dog with its tail on fire, frequently rattling all the windows n doors of my apt. ..ah...u get the picture now..don't u??
well..then...the movie started gr8...pretty decent...and I thot to myself...bah! this isn't so bad..I can watch this...the plot was abt some aliens and I smirked to myself and I thot...i know how this works, the movie will turn out to be not at all abt aliens...all this is just a ploy..etc and then a stupid alien who is really an alien had to come in and spoil the movie...oh and err.. make me jump on my sofa a few times too..:D
anyway, the entire movie turned out to be a total sop..oh..wat a let down..the alien was actually an alien, the moral of the story was err...drink lots of water and don't finish ur glass or was it live near a sea/ lake? dunno..!

grrrh..the one time I grit my teeth to watch a thriller/ horror kinds movie...and the movie was so lame...
I shud prob. scratch out 'The village' from my list of 2C movies, I guess. Sigh!!

No comments: